Friday, September 22, 2017

Log 092217

Right, so I worked on a foreign function interface (FFI) by employing C++ macros and bound the Commonmark C library in Egel. It took me a few days to subsequently implement transforms.

Types, those were half the reason I worked slowly. I am not sure I need them or miss them.

Meanwhile, I am trying to convince people on #proglangdesign that programming language designers need to be punished for their crimes. I pointed out that Anton Chigurh is a good artist's impression of a language designer: "Some sociopath killer who sees himself as a pure tool of reason, and inflicts world-wide suffering while never being aware of all the pain because of his own strange psychopathy."

Ah well. Still not sure I can do anything useful with these Commonmark bindings.

No comments:

Post a Comment